Ingredients for pastry
- 180g Strong white bread flour
- 180g Salted Butter
- 75-80ml Water
- 1 Small egg
Ingredients for filling
- 4-5 table spoons of Nutella
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- Make the pastry by cutting the butter into small chunks and rub into the flour but not fully.
- Then add the water and mix to combine and knead lightly until forms into a ball.
- Roll and fold into thirds to create layers then wrap and place in the fridge to harden.
- Roll out and third in the opposite direction and chill in the fridge again.
- Make the filling by melting the Nutella in the microwave bowl slightly. Should only need about 30 seconds.
- Add the orange zest and juice to the Nutella.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Spilt the dough into two halves. Roll out one half and cut into a triangle Christmas tree.
- Place one half on a lined baking tray.
- Then cover with the filling
- Repeat step 8 then place on top of other half.
- Through both pieces of dough going up to the top of the tree
- Then twist each piece to expose the filling.
- Brush with milk to make the dough glossy.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40minutes until golden.