Can someone please tell me why I don’t make these more often, they are just so crumbly sweet biscuits, I love the addition of peppermint but plain chocolate or orange is also really good. These are one of my friends favourites so I made them for visiting her this weekend.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 200g Butter
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
- 50g Icing sugar
- 2-3 Drops of Peppermint extract – Use orange zest for orange flavour and 1 tsp of juice.
- Mint leaves
- Prepare two baking trays with teflon sheets or baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, the butter must be super soft for this to work well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and pepper mint and mix together until forms a dough.
- Fill a pipping bag with a star nozzle with your biscuit mix and pipe fingers onto your trays. I go up and down and join the ends. as I think this works best but you can do whatever shape you like best.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Then freeze your biscuits on the tray for 10-15 minutes. This is to ensure that they keep their shape when baking.
- Then bake in the oven for 10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove the biscuits from the tray and leave to cool fully.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl on a sauce pan.
- Chop the mint leaves into small pieces.
- Once cooled dip the biscuits in the chocolate using a spoon to help coat.
- Then sprinkle the mint leaves over the chocolate.
- Leave to set on the cooling rack and enjoy!