We had leftover custard that was out of date so these were something I quickly whipped up and an easy pudding, they can be cooked for a couple of minutes in the microwave but better steamed over the hob in water.
- 60g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Caster sugar
- 60g Butter/Margarine
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Small drop of vanilla bean paste
- 80g Syrup
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and flour and beat together until smooth.
- Grease your sponge tins/ramekins with butter.
- Add your syrup to the bottom your tin and then add the sponge batter on top.
- If steaming add tin foil to the top and in a large sauce pan with water up halfway on the sides of the pudding on a low to medium heat for 40 mins until baked. (Or a couple of minute in the microwave – no tin foil though, and I’d recommend putting a plate underneath!)
- Serve with custard or ice cream.