This was a bake for Jake’s sister Ellie’s 18th Birthday, she’s requested them and I don’t think I have ever featured them on here so here is my recipe.
Ingredients for cakes
- 200g of Butter/Marg
- 130g Caster sugar
- 70g Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 75g Milk Chocolate
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 150g Self Raising flower
- 1tsp of Coffee
Ingredients for Butter Icing
- 150g Butter
- 340g Icing Sugar
- Drop of Milk
- 100g of Milk Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cream together the butter and both sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, adding of the cocoa powder and the flour before the third.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy, and add the remains flour.
- Mix the coffee with 1tsp of water and stir well then add to the cake mix.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the mix.
- Once all mixed spoon into the cases (it should make about 16).
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until soft, remove from the tin and allow to cool fully.
- Make the icing by beating the butter until smooth, once smooth add the icing sugar in small patches until fully incorporated.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add to the butter mix, you may need to add a dash of milk to loosen the mixture.
- Pipe or spread on top of your cupcakes as desired.